Thursday, October 13, 2011

Villains

Relatively little of my journey into the exciting world of asexuality-ish-ness has happened alone.  Partners, sweeties, lovers, friends, and play partners have all joined me along the way for various lengths of time.  I've learned quite a bit from these experiences, and my time with others has been hugely important in shaping how I identify and relate to sexuality today.

Some of the experiences have been delightful.  Others have been painful, for me and those involved.  Many formative moments have been particularly painful.  But because they were formative, I'm compelled to write about them.  Before doing so, I do feel that it's important for me to put a qualifier out there.

There are no villains in this story.  There have been many people, myself included, who have done the best that they've known how to do.  And sometimes we've hurt each other along the way.  That doesn't make any of us villains.  It just makes us human.

No comments:

Post a Comment