Monday, October 9, 2017

Shifting

Hi, blog!  It's been a couple of years!

I've found a fascinating shift over the last couple of years in my relationships.  I've been tending towards more little-r relationships, and those seem to go better.  I have a couple of play partners with whom I have forged strong chemistry with over the last couple of years.  When I'm negotiating play with others, the non-sexual bit rarely feels like A Thing anymore - it's just a foot note.

The notion of "Oh, this is erotic but doesn't involve genitals" just doesn't seem to throw folks like it used to.

Is that reflective of a shift in who I'm spending time with, and their interests or inclinations?  A shift in our larger culture as asexuality becomes more and more visible?  A reflection of the fact that getting older just allows more nuance for sexuality than Tab A/Slot B?

Regardless of what's driving it, it's a welcome shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment